January 21, 2017 my wife and I decided to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary by having our family gather at Carrabbas in Newport News, Virginia.I called the day before to make a reservation since this would involve eight people.

I was told that they did not take reservations but they put us on their “Call Ahead List”. When we arrived at the restaurant we had to wait for a half hour before being seated. The waitress took our orders and a half hour later brought four of the orders to the table. She told us that the remainder would be ready shortly.

The excuse was that there was a birthday party in the restaurant and things had backed up. I guess a birthday party trumps an anniversary celebration, ever if it is a 50th anniversary. A half hour after this she brings out two more of our meals. My wife and daughter had ordered the same dish and they looked like they had come from two different kitchens.

One was overcooked and one was undercooked. This left several members of our family with no food for what had been at least a full hour. At this point my wife was close to tears and I asked to see a manager. I expressed my disappointment and was assured that the remaining orders would be expedited.

Another half hour passed and no food. I asked to see a manager once again and they told me that the remaining food was soon to be ready. The manager told me that there would be no charge for the meal. Good for him since we had not gotten two of the ordered dinners at this late hour.

I informed the manager that I wanted my check and that I wanted to leave. It only took a few minutes for the check to arrive and with it they brought one of the two remaining orders.

I paid the check, they still charged me for some drinks we had ordered, and we left.We were offered desert but based on the nights events, no one wanted to wait and see how much longer it would take for them to fulfill that promise.

Review about: Carrabbas Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Carrabbas?

Comments

Entitled much? Not everything is about you.